Sunday, August 10, 2008

Following the rules......



Don't you hate when you realize you can't do something - right before you're planning on doing it? For me, it had to do with wearing something - or lack there of. I woke up in the middle of the night, and for some reason, realized my brand new dress (if you're following my blog, you know the one I'm talking about)was too "white" to wear to a wedding. You would have thought that certain detail would have crossed my mind earlier, but for some reason it didn't. I guess I was so excited about getting the dress, the main color (white) flew under my radar as far as the wedding was concerned. So I had to go to the old stand by (a dress I've worn to way to many weddings....but it works well for summer). Now I tried to reason it out......"it's not ALL white, has lots of yellow stitching, it's short, very summery, nothing like a wedding dress", and on and on. It came down to the fact that I couldn't get passed the white. It might have been perfectly fine to wear, but I didn't want to take that chance....or be "that" girl......so I left it home.

I know a few are waiting for photo's of this "amazing" dress, so keep an eye out :) I plan on wearing it this coming week :) Sorry to make you wait so long (Naomi) :) :)


Both Kevin and I really enjoyed ourselves at the wedding. Faith stayed with Auntie Carli and Uncle Mike (thanks!), so we were able to have a fun night out. I had forgotten how nice it is to enjoy a hot meal, all to myself. It was wonderful!!!! Kevin even did a little dancing....

No comments: