
We're in the waiting process. Who knew it'd take so long to purchase a home? Kevin and I finally found the home of our dreams. We spent weeks looking up homes for sale, then driving by to see if they were worth that special "tour". We gathered our list together and spent 8 hours one Saturday pounding them out with our realtor. It was the last house on our list. We walked in and fell in love. The location, the house, the yard, everything. We knew it was the one. Our only problem? We were up against another couple. Since that Saturday, I've come to realize exactly what "bidding wars" are all about. Let's just say, in the end, we won. Now I would have offered more - I really wanted this home. But Kevin wanted to play "hard ball" - and it worked. We got the house (and even paid less then I expected to).
Now it's a waiting game. We plan on closing March 5th. The inspection is done, the appraisal has been ordered and takes place in the next day or so. We've sent off all our finance info, and are waiting to hear back. We've been pre-approved of course, but they have to finalize everything. We want to make sure everything goes through before we actually start packing. But we're ready. So very ready. We're in a small apartment, on a crapy island - supposedly an island people pay a lot to live on....but we hate it. We're ready for suburbia. Kevin and I drove by "our house" today after church. We wanted my sister and brother in-law to see the house (even if it was just from the outside). The first thing we all noticed were the dog and baby walkers. It was a beautiful day, so everyone and their baby/dog were out walking. So as you can see, I'm pretty excited. Excited to walk both our dogs and Faith :) Play in our park, walk by the lake, take in suburbia life.
1 comment:
That is sooo exciting! Keep me updated... and I need more pictures once you get it all cute in there. ;-)
Post a Comment