Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

I've chosen today, Feb. 14th, to begin my adventure in blogging....so here goes my first;

Today is Valentine's Day (evening). My husband is working, our baby sleeping, and I'm typing away. When I look back over the years at this particular "holiday", I can recall all the feelings and emotions that would arise within me. Let's just say it was never one of my favorite holiday's. It's wasn't a day I celebrated - or at least celebrated the way I would have hoped. I always knew that someday, my prince would come. That one day, I'd finally get to partake in this special celebration.

The very first time I actually celebrated Valentine's Day (aside from 6th grade and a boy named Dwight), was just a few years ago. It was with my future husband, Kevin. We weren't engaged yet, but knew we'd be getting married. Knowing this was my first, he made it all the more special. Kevin surprised me with a trip to Leavensworth, and that big box of chocolates (3 lbs of See's in a huge heart shaped box.....the largest he could find).

The following year I got a puppy. We were also married, which made this holiday all the more special (need I say more).

The year after that, dinner at the Space Needle - very romantic!

Our fourth Valentine's day was spent nursing a newborn (our daughter was just 2 weeks old at the time). She was our Valentine - and the best gift we'd been given!

Which brings us to tonight. Today kevin and I spent all day checking our inbox for certain documents, making copies, signing more papers, and faxing faxing faxing. You see, we're in the process of buying a home. Our very first. So, we spent most of today doing just that. Kevin had to leave for work at 4:30pm, so we had a romantic lunch at Red Robin (with our baby girl). We ordered her her first grilled cheese sandwich - in a restaurant - and she loved it. We sat, talked, and laughed with Faith.

So, although today's Valentine's Day was much different then those of the past, (or even those I had dreamt of), it was all the more meaningful and special. What more could I ask for? I have an amazing husband - whom I love dearly. An amazing, beautiful daughter - whom I love dearly, and we're buying our very first home. I'm a blessed women and my dreams could not even come close to the reality I'm living. Thank you Jesus!

Before Kevin left for work, I rented "Becoming Jane", so I'll close now and begin my romantic evening.....a bowl of freshly made cookie dough, my two dogs, Faith sleeping, and my movie. What a great way to end the day :)

3 comments:

Jake Bramante said...

Wow, isn't it amazing to look back at your life and see how God was at work the whole time, but it seemed so crazy and out of control when you were in the middle of it?

Anonymous said...

Look at you, you little blogger! Very well said!

godspoem said...

Leah,
I loved hearing about your last four Valentine's days. I also remember the ones before you met Kevin. Mine too were very similar, "single's awareness day". But, not anymore, now that I'm married to Todd ; )
I'll try calling you soon to catch up more.
Shira