Since becoming a mom, I've come to the realization that I'm actually learning to be quite artistic. I LOVE doing crafts and throwing parties. I was never artistic in high school (I took "Art for the non-artist" to graduate), or in my 20's. I started scrap booking a few years ago and it's taken off from there. My first real party was Faith's 1st birthday. I think that's when I got the "bug". The next "party" was Carli's baby shower (I'm still in awe of the invites we created and the center pieces.....love them!). Now I"m on to Faith's first Halloween party. I know she'll only be 21 months - not even two yet. We have a ton of friends with kids her age and who says 1,2 and 3 year olds can't have parties? I've been brainstorming all week and came up with 3 crafts for that age group. Kevin and I love Halloween and I love to decorate the house. I'm excited for Faith to have a few things she's made that I can put out year after year. One of the "crafts" we're doing is drawing. I know kids this age are just starting out, and I'd love to have some of her first "drawings" used as decoration. I bought plain white tiles from Home Depot. I then found (Halloween themed) foam stickers and placed one in the corner of each tile. I purchased permanent markers - Orange, Black and Green - for them to scribble on the tile with. Then you write the date and name on the top and you're done. Use an easel to display the "artwork" and there's a fun, personal decoration. The second craft we're doing are hand prints. I purchased 8x10 canvas panels and wooden pumpkin cutouts. I glued the cutouts onto the canvas panels and purchased orange, black and green (kid safe) paint. With the help of the parents, each child can do a hand(or foot) print on the canvas panel. The third craft is a picture frame. I purchased pumpkin foam cut outs along with foam letters and designs (all halloween themed). We have a photo printer so we'll take a photo of each child, print it out and they can use that for the picture frame. We're also playing pin the nose on the pumpkin (thanks to Target....didn't have to make that one up). Since they're so young, we'll just see if they can even do it without a blindfold :) It'll be fun to watch :) Anyway, I'm super excited and can't wait for the 31st of Oct.
We got Faith a really cute Fairy costume (Tinkerbell) from Babies R Us and it's adorable. Now Kevin and I need to find ours. I have so many fond memories of Halloween and going trick or treating with my family every year. Both Kevin and I are super excited now that Faith is getting older. We can hardly wait to take her out!
1 comment:
That's super cool! Can I come over for this party?
Post a Comment