I've been reminded lately of how blessed I am. As I look back, I never could have imagined what God had in store for me "over in Seattle". My anniversary is coming up - actually not till Sept. 4th, but it's been on my mind lately. I moved to Seattle in Sept. of 2003, and got married in Sept. of 2004. I'm amazed at all the things God had planned for me.
When I moved to Seattle, I hadn't a clue what awaited me there. All I knew was that I needed a change. I was contint being single, but at the same time desired to be married. I had been alone for quite some time and I was tired of doing things "on my own".
That's not to say I was lonely. I wasn't lonely in the least little bit - but I wanted a companion - someone to share my life with. I also wanted a family of my own.
I was 28 when I decided to make the big move. I'm not sure what even sparked that interest, but I knew it was the right thing to do. It was the right time, the right season. A few months prior I stepped down from pastoring the Jr. High. It was a hard decision, but I knew that season of my life was over. When I told my parents about my decision to move to Seattle, they wanted to buy my home - so that was taken care of. I then quit my job - a job I had for 8 years. I also told friends and everyone at church. I loved my church (I still love them), and wanted them to "send me out". To pray for me and lay hands over me before I left. I wanted/needed prayer for protection, a job, friends, etc. This was a pretty big and scary step and I wanted all the prayer I could get.
Now to today - May 25th, 2008. I am married to the most wonderful man. The man God set me aside for all those years. As much as I wanted to be married for so many years, God knew the time, He knew the man. Kevin is 4 years younger then me...and God needed those "extra" years to grow him into the man he was destined to be. God also grew me into the women I needed to be. Neither one of us was ready before that time. And thank God we waited. Paitence isn't always easy (hardly ever easy), but it pays off. "The only thing worse then waiting, is wishing that you had". What a true statement!
2 1/2 years after our wedding, we added our first addition to the family. Faith Lynn arrived - the biggest blessing (aside from knowing Christ) of our lives. Our love for her grows more and more with each new day. She's amazing!
A few months ago, we purchased our dream home. Again, only by God's grace were we able to purchase it. The amazing thing is this is the same neighborhood and city I dreampt of living in years ago. I went to a family reunion in 2001, and the house we stayed at was in this same area. I remember driving to that home and driving around this particular city thinking I would never be able to live here. It wasn't even a thought. wow! But here I am. In this very same area, very same city.
A letter written to Kevin - before I even knew him:
"May 31st, 2003
It's been an emotional day. Naomi got engaged last night.......I've been struggling the past two weeks. Is God really gonna do what He has promised? Everyone around me keeps getting this "dream come true", but not me. Where are you? Why hasn't God brought us together? I really do trust that God does have a plan for my life. He knows who you are and where you are. He will bring us together in His most perfect time and way. But I'm frustrated right now, and knowing that doesn't seem to take my frustration away. I just need to keep giving you and I to the Lord. I trust him with the outcome. He really does know what He's doing."
As I wrote that, I did not know what awaited me just months down the road. Proof that God does have a plan for your life. A plan that's even be bigger and better then one you could dream up.
When I moved to Seattle, I hadn't a clue what awaited me there. All I knew was that I needed a change. I was contint being single, but at the same time desired to be married. I had been alone for quite some time and I was tired of doing things "on my own".
That's not to say I was lonely. I wasn't lonely in the least little bit - but I wanted a companion - someone to share my life with. I also wanted a family of my own.
I was 28 when I decided to make the big move. I'm not sure what even sparked that interest, but I knew it was the right thing to do. It was the right time, the right season. A few months prior I stepped down from pastoring the Jr. High. It was a hard decision, but I knew that season of my life was over. When I told my parents about my decision to move to Seattle, they wanted to buy my home - so that was taken care of. I then quit my job - a job I had for 8 years. I also told friends and everyone at church. I loved my church (I still love them), and wanted them to "send me out". To pray for me and lay hands over me before I left. I wanted/needed prayer for protection, a job, friends, etc. This was a pretty big and scary step and I wanted all the prayer I could get.
Now to today - May 25th, 2008. I am married to the most wonderful man. The man God set me aside for all those years. As much as I wanted to be married for so many years, God knew the time, He knew the man. Kevin is 4 years younger then me...and God needed those "extra" years to grow him into the man he was destined to be. God also grew me into the women I needed to be. Neither one of us was ready before that time. And thank God we waited. Paitence isn't always easy (hardly ever easy), but it pays off. "The only thing worse then waiting, is wishing that you had". What a true statement!
2 1/2 years after our wedding, we added our first addition to the family. Faith Lynn arrived - the biggest blessing (aside from knowing Christ) of our lives. Our love for her grows more and more with each new day. She's amazing!
A few months ago, we purchased our dream home. Again, only by God's grace were we able to purchase it. The amazing thing is this is the same neighborhood and city I dreampt of living in years ago. I went to a family reunion in 2001, and the house we stayed at was in this same area. I remember driving to that home and driving around this particular city thinking I would never be able to live here. It wasn't even a thought. wow! But here I am. In this very same area, very same city.
A letter written to Kevin - before I even knew him:
"May 31st, 2003
It's been an emotional day. Naomi got engaged last night.......I've been struggling the past two weeks. Is God really gonna do what He has promised? Everyone around me keeps getting this "dream come true", but not me. Where are you? Why hasn't God brought us together? I really do trust that God does have a plan for my life. He knows who you are and where you are. He will bring us together in His most perfect time and way. But I'm frustrated right now, and knowing that doesn't seem to take my frustration away. I just need to keep giving you and I to the Lord. I trust him with the outcome. He really does know what He's doing."
As I wrote that, I did not know what awaited me just months down the road. Proof that God does have a plan for your life. A plan that's even be bigger and better then one you could dream up.
No comments:
Post a Comment